If you are a participant in the biobank, you have the following rights that you can exercise at any time by sending a letter or email to [email protected]:
- Right to information on the manner of processing and right of access to the data.
- Right to rectification of inaccurate or incomplete data.
- Right to request the deletion of your data.
- Right to restriction of processing.
- Right to object to processing.
- Right to receive your data (portability) in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and right to transfer them to another controller.
- Right to withdraw your consent in cases where the processing was based on consent.
- Right not to know any test results and incidental findings from you participation. You will only be returned results and incidental findings you have consented for, and you may at any time change your consent by requesting not to be informed of any test results and/or incidental findings. You can do this via a written request.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Commissioner for Personal Data Protection ([email protected]).
These rights are not absolute, are subject to exceptions and apply only under certain circumstances and depending on the legal basis applicable in each case.
You may have further or amended rights, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) and the applicable national law, which will continue to apply.